Hemp seed oil is a vegetable oil rich in omega 3 and other essential fatty acids. Made from the industrial type of hemp, hemp seed oil contains none or next-to none of the psychoactive element THC. Hemp seed oil is very effective in homemade skin care as well as hair care.
Hemp seed oil is a great oil to treat almost any skin type. The oil is light and easily absorbed by the skin, which makes it a good oil for oily and acne prone skin types. Because of its high nutritional value, it’s a great oil to use on aging and dry skin.
However, the shelf life of hemp oil is not very high, so it needs to be stored in a dark bottle in the fridge. When using hemp oil in skin care, it’s a good idea to add a few drops of vitamin E to increase the shelf life.
- Use undiluted or mixed with another vegetable oil as a face oil for aging skin, acne prone skin, sensitive skin or dry skin.
- Combine with another carrier oil such as olive oil or jojoba oil and use as a nutritious body oil.
- Use as carrier oil in any recipe with a vegetable oil, especially recipes for aging skin or acne prone skin
- Can also be used to treat exzema both by external application and by taking hemp seed oil as a supplement.
- Thanks to it’s nutritional value, hemp seed oil is a great oil to use in hair care, especially to treat damaged hair. Apply a few drops to the ends after washing your hair, or mix into a hair mask.
- Because hemp seed oil is not very cheap, it can be combined with other oils, such as olive oil, avocado oil, jojoba oil or coconut oil, and used in hair oils.