Argan vegetable oil is derived from the seeds of the argan tree, which only grows natively in the southern parts of Marocco. Arganoil is mainly used in cooking and its fantastic properties for both skin and hair are often overlooked. The oil contains a high amount of vitamin E, a very important vitamin for the skin due to it’s moisturizing and healing properties.
When used in cooking, the argan seeds are often roasted before the oil is extracted – if you want to use argan oil in your beauty regime, make sure you get the unroasted variety.
- Use undiluted as a face oil for aging skin, acne prone skin or dry skin.
- Combine with another carrier oil such as olive oil or jojoba oil and use as a body oil.
- Use as carrier oil in any recipe with a vegetable oil, especially recipes for aging skin or acne prone skin
- Can be used as a after sun treatment or to treat exzema.
- Argan vegetable oil is one of the new ”in” ingredients to use in hair care. It has wonderful properties for the hair, but make sure you get the 100% argan oil and not “Moroccan hair treatments” and similar which often contain only a small amount of argan oil and many other ingredients which can be harmful for the hair.
- To use argan vegetabe oil in your hair, apply a few drops along the lengths of your hair after washing your hair. This adds shine and nourisment to your hair.
- Use argan vegetable oil as the oil in a hair care recipe that calls for a vegetable oil.